Lalu trashes poll surveys showing lead for BJP
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Saturday trashed poll surveys predicting BJP`s landslide victory particularly in Bihar and said his "barometer" of gauging public mood was actually showing an altogether different result.
"Dhan bal ki dwara karaya hua hai survey. Poora 40 seat BJP ko Bihar mein de do (the surveys have been carried on the basis of money power. It would have been better if BJP is given all 40 seats in Bihar)," Prasad told reporters.
The surveys have predicted over half of the 40 seats for BJP and said the rest would be divided among RJD, Congress and JD(U).
The RJD President was addressing a press conference at party headquarters after announcing name of his private secretary Binod Srivastava as party nominee from Motihari Lok Sabha seat.
"I am doctor of electoral politics and my barometer shows an altogether different mood of public against BJP and Nitish Kumar`s JD(U), Prasad said.
Trashing surveys, he said, "These opinion polls are nothing but a kind of psychological war to demoralise us. They have no significance on the ground where voters decide the fate and future of parties."
He said RJD will contest only Palamu Lok Sabha seat in Jharkhand, putting to rest the speculation about rift with Congress over Chatra seat.
"We wished to contest from Chatra also, but Congress too wanted to do so. We don`t want any friction among ourselves so I left it for Congress," he said.
Talking about election campaigning in the state, the RJD chief said he will concentrate on Patliputra and Chhapra seats during the last leg of campaigning. His daughter and wife are contesting from these two seats respectively.
"I will campaign at both the places towards end. I will hold a public meeting on April 3 for Pataliputra seat," he said.
The fight in Patliputra has become tough with his close aide Ramkripal Yadav crossing over to BJP to become its nominee from there in Patna district.
In Chhapra seat from where Prasad was disqualified after conviction in a fodder scam case, his wife Rabri Devi will take on arch rival Rajiv Pratap Rudy of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145