Lalu welcomes SC order in DA case
Patna: RJD leader Lalu Prasad on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order that Bihar Government had no authority to challenge his acquittal in a disproportionate assets case.
"Supreme Court is like a God and its judgement is fully welcome and acceptable," he told reporters.
He was asked to comment on the Supreme Court holding that Bihar Government does not have the authority to file an appeal in the Patna High Court against him and his wife in the case, which was prosecuted by the CBI.
"Bihar Government is not a competent authority to file an appeal in the case," a bench comprising Chief Justice KG Balakrishnan and Justices R M Lodha and B S Chauhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi