Lalu welcomes SC order in DA case
Patna: RJD leader Lalu Prasad on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court`s order that Bihar Government had no authority to challenge his acquittal in a disproportionate assets case.
"Supreme Court is like a God and its judgement is fully welcome and acceptable," he told reporters.
He was asked to comment on the Supreme Court holding that Bihar Government does not have the authority to file an appeal in the Patna High Court against him and his wife in the case, which was prosecuted by the CBI.
"Bihar Government is not a competent authority to file an appeal in the case," a bench comprising Chief Justice KG Balakrishnan and Justices R M Lodha and B S Chauhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!