Lalu will bounce back: RJD leaders
Ranchi: RJD leaders, who continue to call on party supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail following his conviction in a fodder scam case, have claimed that their leader would "bounce back".
"Our leader (Lalu) will bounce back. We have faith in the judiciary. This is a conspiracy hatched by our opponents," RJD`s Jharkhand unit spokesman, Manoj Jha, said.
Former minister Sakuni Choudhary and former MPs Sitaram Yadav and Bage Kumar Yadav were among the RJD leaders who met Lalu at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here.
Jharkhand Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi and Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan also visited the former Bihar chief minister, who has been sentenced to a five-year term.
Lalu is scheduled to file an appeal in Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court. The CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Lalu and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer