Lalu will bounce back: RJD leaders
Ranchi: RJD leaders, who continue to call on party supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail following his conviction in a fodder scam case, have claimed that their leader would "bounce back".
"Our leader (Lalu) will bounce back. We have faith in the judiciary. This is a conspiracy hatched by our opponents," RJD`s Jharkhand unit spokesman, Manoj Jha, said.
Former minister Sakuni Choudhary and former MPs Sitaram Yadav and Bage Kumar Yadav were among the RJD leaders who met Lalu at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here.
Jharkhand Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi and Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan also visited the former Bihar chief minister, who has been sentenced to a five-year term.
Lalu is scheduled to file an appeal in Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court. The CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Lalu and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read