Lalu will bounce back: RJD leaders
Ranchi: RJD leaders, who continue to call on party supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail following his conviction in a fodder scam case, have claimed that their leader would "bounce back".
"Our leader (Lalu) will bounce back. We have faith in the judiciary. This is a conspiracy hatched by our opponents," RJD`s Jharkhand unit spokesman, Manoj Jha, said.
Former minister Sakuni Choudhary and former MPs Sitaram Yadav and Bage Kumar Yadav were among the RJD leaders who met Lalu at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here.
Jharkhand Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi and Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan also visited the former Bihar chief minister, who has been sentenced to a five-year term.
Lalu is scheduled to file an appeal in Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court. The CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Lalu and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test