Lalu will bounce back: RJD leaders
Ranchi: RJD leaders, who continue to call on party supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav in jail following his conviction in a fodder scam case, have claimed that their leader would "bounce back".
"Our leader (Lalu) will bounce back. We have faith in the judiciary. This is a conspiracy hatched by our opponents," RJD`s Jharkhand unit spokesman, Manoj Jha, said.
Former minister Sakuni Choudhary and former MPs Sitaram Yadav and Bage Kumar Yadav were among the RJD leaders who met Lalu at the Birsa Munda Central Jail here.
Jharkhand Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi and Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan also visited the former Bihar chief minister, who has been sentenced to a five-year term.
Lalu is scheduled to file an appeal in Jharkhand High Court on October 17 against the sentence passed by a Special CBI court. The CBI court had on September 30 awarded prison sentences to Lalu and 44 others for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore when he was at the helm of affairs in Bihar in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding