Lalu will continue to endeavour for berth: Modi
Patna: Describing RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP counterpart Ramvilas Paswan as `power-hungry` people, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi on Tuesday said the duo would
still endeavour for berths in the Union Cabinet.
"Lalu and Paswan are people who will not be disappointed with today`s exercise," Modi told reporters reacting to the much-awaited reshuffle in the Union Ministry.
"Since there are no elections due in Bihar in the near future, Lalu and Paswan have been kept aside in the exercise ... Such type of reshuffle is never a one-time affair and may happen once again .... Therefore the two will continue to strive for ministerial berths," he said.
Reacting to the non-inclusion of any one from Bihar in the Union ministry in the reshuffle, he said "It is a Congress` decision ... Bihar should have been given a place in the exercise as the party has two MPs from the state.
The two Congress MPs from Bihar are Meira Kumar elected from Sasaram and now Lok Sabha speaker and Md Asrarul Haque from Kishanganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal