Lalu will continue to endeavour for berth: Modi
Patna: Describing RJD chief Lalu Prasad and LJP counterpart Ramvilas Paswan as `power-hungry` people, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi on Tuesday said the duo would
still endeavour for berths in the Union Cabinet.
"Lalu and Paswan are people who will not be disappointed with today`s exercise," Modi told reporters reacting to the much-awaited reshuffle in the Union Ministry.
"Since there are no elections due in Bihar in the near future, Lalu and Paswan have been kept aside in the exercise ... Such type of reshuffle is never a one-time affair and may happen once again .... Therefore the two will continue to strive for ministerial berths," he said.
Reacting to the non-inclusion of any one from Bihar in the Union ministry in the reshuffle, he said "It is a Congress` decision ... Bihar should have been given a place in the exercise as the party has two MPs from the state.
The two Congress MPs from Bihar are Meira Kumar elected from Sasaram and now Lok Sabha speaker and Md Asrarul Haque from Kishanganj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India