Lalu would not have taken Gujarat CM`s courtesy call: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Senior BJP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi today claimed that the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad would not have received the telephone call of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had he known about the identity of the caller in advance.
"Prasad would not have taken Modi`s phone call to enquire about his health if he had known in advance that it was the Gujarat Chief Minister who would be speaking to him," Sushil Modi said.
"The injured RJD supremo thought that it was I who had called him to enquire about his health and not the other Modi," the Deputy Chief Minister claimed. "I did speak to him later in the day on Saturday and found out about his condition," Modi said.
He said that it was a courtesy to call leaders of other parties to congratulate them or sympathise with them from time to time and added that he considered it as a duty to do so having worked in Prasad`s team in the Patna University Students` Union in early 1970s before the two parted ways in public life.
The RJD supremo had sustained injuries in a freak accident while travelling in a four-wheeler to Raghopur in Vaishali district on Friday night and required two stitches in the head on the fateful night.
The Gujarat Chief Minister was among the earliest callers to enquire about Prasad`s health condition, a development that the latter himself made public even though the former tweeted about his telephonic conversation with the RJD supremo.
Interestingly, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar did not speak to his arch rival to find out about the latter`s condition and said yesterday that he did not consider to do so as he had found out about Prasad`s well being from officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!