Lalu would not have taken Gujarat CM`s courtesy call: Sushil Kumar Modi
Patna: Senior BJP leader and Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi today claimed that the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad would not have received the telephone call of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi had he known about the identity of the caller in advance.
"Prasad would not have taken Modi`s phone call to enquire about his health if he had known in advance that it was the Gujarat Chief Minister who would be speaking to him," Sushil Modi said.
"The injured RJD supremo thought that it was I who had called him to enquire about his health and not the other Modi," the Deputy Chief Minister claimed. "I did speak to him later in the day on Saturday and found out about his condition," Modi said.
He said that it was a courtesy to call leaders of other parties to congratulate them or sympathise with them from time to time and added that he considered it as a duty to do so having worked in Prasad`s team in the Patna University Students` Union in early 1970s before the two parted ways in public life.
The RJD supremo had sustained injuries in a freak accident while travelling in a four-wheeler to Raghopur in Vaishali district on Friday night and required two stitches in the head on the fateful night.
The Gujarat Chief Minister was among the earliest callers to enquire about Prasad`s health condition, a development that the latter himself made public even though the former tweeted about his telephonic conversation with the RJD supremo.
Interestingly, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar did not speak to his arch rival to find out about the latter`s condition and said yesterday that he did not consider to do so as he had found out about Prasad`s well being from officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH