Lalu Yadav calls Bihar bandh on Jan 28
Patna: Blaming the state government for the
rise of prices of essential commodities, RJD on Tuesday called a
Bihar bandh on January 28.
"The Nitish Kumar government is more responsible than
the Centre for the price rise in the state and for that we
have decided to observe a state-wide shutdown on January 28,"
party chief Lalu Prasad told reporters here.
The government, he said, must inform the people about
the result of its anti-hoarding drive and also the action
taken against the black marketeers.
He said the bandh would soon be followed by a `Jail
Bharo` agitation to put pressure on the Centre for arresting
the price rise. The date for the `Jail Bharo Abhiyan` would be
Prasad said he would also hold talks the Samajwadi
Party and TDP among others to mobilise support for calling a
`Bharat Bandh` later on the same issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer