Lalu Yadav hits out at Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday hit out at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over the NDA government`s claims on development and asked why there were demands for granting a special status to Bihar if progress had been achieved there.
Lalu also gave indications that he was keen on going along with Congress to fight against the BJP-JD(U) combine in the next general elections.
"I am ready to do a sacrifice to keep opportunistic forces at bay...Congress is a secular party and I have never tried to blackmail it," he said.
On the future of RJD and other regional parties, Lalu said, "It is an era of regional parties and they have their dominance in UPA also."
Prasad said every politician wants to become the Prime Minister and asserted that his party is still relevant to the Centre, though it has not won many seats.
"Everyone in politics desires to become the Prime Minister...In Delhi too only power is worshipped," Lalu said in reply to a question at the two-day programme of a TV news channel.
Targeting Kumar, he said no other dispensation in the state had to face such stiff opposition from the public.
Claiming that the development story of Bihar is nothing but a media creation, Lalu said, "The NRHM scam has taken place in Bihar...The roads in the state were constructed by the Central government and not by the state...Some media houses are giving undue credits to the Nitish government."
On Nitish demanding a special status for Bihar, he said the demand was first made by the Rabri Devi-led government.
"The demand for giving a special status to Bihar was first made by the Rabri Devi-led government. If Bihar has seen the kind of development as claimed by Nitish Kumar, then what is the need to give it a special status?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America