Lalu Yadav hits out at Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday hit out at Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over the NDA government`s claims on development and asked why there were demands for granting a special status to Bihar if progress had been achieved there.
Lalu also gave indications that he was keen on going along with Congress to fight against the BJP-JD(U) combine in the next general elections.
"I am ready to do a sacrifice to keep opportunistic forces at bay...Congress is a secular party and I have never tried to blackmail it," he said.
On the future of RJD and other regional parties, Lalu said, "It is an era of regional parties and they have their dominance in UPA also."
Prasad said every politician wants to become the Prime Minister and asserted that his party is still relevant to the Centre, though it has not won many seats.
"Everyone in politics desires to become the Prime Minister...In Delhi too only power is worshipped," Lalu said in reply to a question at the two-day programme of a TV news channel.
Targeting Kumar, he said no other dispensation in the state had to face such stiff opposition from the public.
Claiming that the development story of Bihar is nothing but a media creation, Lalu said, "The NRHM scam has taken place in Bihar...The roads in the state were constructed by the Central government and not by the state...Some media houses are giving undue credits to the Nitish government."
On Nitish demanding a special status for Bihar, he said the demand was first made by the Rabri Devi-led government.
"The demand for giving a special status to Bihar was first made by the Rabri Devi-led government. If Bihar has seen the kind of development as claimed by Nitish Kumar, then what is the need to give it a special status?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark