Lalu`s 4th daughter marries son of MLA Jitendra
New Delhi: Former Railway Minister Lalu
Prasad`s fourth daughter Ragini tonight tied the nuptial knot
with the son of a Samjawadi Party MLA who recently joined
Vice President Hamid Ansari, senior BJP leaders LK
Advani and Rajnath Singh, LJP Chief Ramvilas Paswan and Delhi
Chief Minister Sheila Dixit were among the those present on
Ragini married Rahul, son of the outgoing Samjawadi Party
MLA from Ghaziabad Jitendra Yadav, who has now joined Congress
and is party candidate from Sikandarabad in Uttar Pradesh.
The decision to field Yadav from the seat replacing a
Youth Congress leader Nizam Malik had led to a near revolt in
the local Congress with a large number of Youth Congress
workers from the area protesting against the replacement
outside the AICC headquarters for many days last week.
Three of the Prasad`s daughter are already married. The
third one Chanda was married to an Indian Airlines pilot from
Haryana when Prasad was Railway Minister.
The first two daughters Misa and Rohini were married in
Bihar when Rabri Devi was the chief minister.
Ragini will be the second daughter of Prasad to be
married in the national capital since Prasad`s party lost
power in his home state Bihar.
Prasad has seven daughters and two sons. His sons Tej
Pratap and Tejaswi are younger to Ragini.
The marriage of Prasad`s fifth daughter Hema and sixth
daughter Anuskha is also set to take place very soon.
Reports had it that he had selected a Haryana minister`s
son Chiranjeev Rao for his daughter Anushka. Hema`s would be
in-laws will also be from Delhi.
Rao is president of the Haryana Pradesh Youth Congress
and his father Captain Ajay Singh Yadav is power minister in
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa