Lalu`s black cat commandos may be withdrawn
New Delhi: Former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad, who was convicted by a special CBI court in Ranchi Monday in the fodder scam case, may lose his Z+ security cover provided by the NSG black cat commandos.
Sources said a decision to withdraw the commandos could soon be taken as the threat perception to Lalu, also a MP, scales down in view of his conviction and restriction of movement.
The National Security Guard (NSG) commandos only provide him mobile security based on "extant" threats and the Union Home Ministry may take a decision in this regard soon, they said.
The court in Ranchi has reserved October 3 as the date for pronouncement of sentence for the politician and others.
A squad of 30 commandos, with one small team at one time, have been deployed for Lalu`s security whenever he travels in any part of the country.
The NSG was provided to the former Railway Minister after a threat perception analysis favoured such a security ring around him few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says