Lalu`s black cat commandos may be withdrawn
New Delhi: Former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad, who was convicted by a special CBI court in Ranchi Monday in the fodder scam case, may lose his Z+ security cover provided by the NSG black cat commandos.
Sources said a decision to withdraw the commandos could soon be taken as the threat perception to Lalu, also a MP, scales down in view of his conviction and restriction of movement.
The National Security Guard (NSG) commandos only provide him mobile security based on "extant" threats and the Union Home Ministry may take a decision in this regard soon, they said.
The court in Ranchi has reserved October 3 as the date for pronouncement of sentence for the politician and others.
A squad of 30 commandos, with one small team at one time, have been deployed for Lalu`s security whenever he travels in any part of the country.
The NSG was provided to the former Railway Minister after a threat perception analysis favoured such a security ring around him few years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference