Lalu`s black cat commandos may be withdrawn
New Delhi: Former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad, who was convicted by a special CBI court in Ranchi Monday in the fodder scam case, may lose his Z+ security cover provided by the NSG black cat commandos.
Sources said a decision to withdraw the commandos could soon be taken as the threat perception to Lalu, also a MP, scales down in view of his conviction and restriction of movement.
The National Security Guard (NSG) commandos only provide him mobile security based on "extant" threats and the Union Home Ministry may take a decision in this regard soon, they said.
The court in Ranchi has reserved October 3 as the date for pronouncement of sentence for the politician and others.
A squad of 30 commandos, with one small team at one time, have been deployed for Lalu`s security whenever he travels in any part of the country.
The NSG was provided to the former Railway Minister after a threat perception analysis favoured such a security ring around him few years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!