Lalu’s Rajbhavan march against Advani yatra
Patna: Bringing out a Rajbhavan march
against senior BJP leader L K Advani`s Jan Chetna Yatra from
Bihar, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad on Tuesday attacked the Nitish Kumar
government for according a red-carpet reception to Advani.
"The Nitish Kumar government, which welcomed Advani
and accorded him a red-carpet reception during his yatra to
vitiate communal harmony and peace, is not going to last for a
long time now," Prasad told party workers during the march
Prasad said his march to the Rajbhavan was taken out also
to protest against alleged corruption, BIADA land scam,
growing crime, water and electricity crisis, blackmarketing of
fertilisers and bureaucratic red tape.
"Nitish double standard has come to the fore in people`s
mind ... his secular image is also exposed because of his
participation in Advani`s Chetna Yatra," he said and recalled
how Kumar had withdrawn his invitation for dinner to senior
BJP leaders only because of the presence of Gujarat Chief
Minister Narendra Modi during the BJP`s national executive in
Patna last year.
"Nitish did it deliberately keeping an eye on votes of
minorities and also refused to accept the proposal to allow
Narendra Modi to campaign in Bihar".
Accusing Kumar of sitting into "the lap of BJP and RSS,"
Prasad, without naming Advani, said Nitish wants an RSS man as
the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued