Lalu`s wife, sons and daughter are star campaigners
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad`s wife, his two sons and daughter are his star campaigners in the Lok Sabha polls, according to the list of party`s star campaigners submitted to the Election Commission.
RJD leader Chitranjan Gagan said Lalu`s two sons -- elder Tej Pratap Yadav and younger Tejasvi Yadav -- and his elder daughter Misa Bharti have been named as the star campaigners.
Tejasvi, 24, is more articulate and vocal than his elder brother Tej Pratap, 27. Keeping this in view, Lalu had declared Tejasvi his political heir last year.
Bhola Yadav, another RJD leader said the party has sought a helicopter for Tejasvi for election campaigning across Bihar.
"Tejasvi has already toured all 38 districts of Bihar twice and will campaign in all Lok Sabha constituencies," he said.
Misa Bharti, who is contesting the Lok Sabha poll from Patliputra seat in Patna, will also campaign for other candidates.
"At present, she is busy in her own constituency, but she will campaign for other party candidates," a RJD leader said.
Misa, a doctor by profession, is consider shrewd like her father.
Lalu`s wife and former chief minister Rabri Devi, who is contesting the Lok Sabha poll for the Saran seat, will also campaign for other candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police