Lalu`s wife, sons and daughter are star campaigners
Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad`s wife, his two sons and daughter are his star campaigners in the Lok Sabha polls, according to the list of party`s star campaigners submitted to the Election Commission.
RJD leader Chitranjan Gagan said Lalu`s two sons -- elder Tej Pratap Yadav and younger Tejasvi Yadav -- and his elder daughter Misa Bharti have been named as the star campaigners.
Tejasvi, 24, is more articulate and vocal than his elder brother Tej Pratap, 27. Keeping this in view, Lalu had declared Tejasvi his political heir last year.
Bhola Yadav, another RJD leader said the party has sought a helicopter for Tejasvi for election campaigning across Bihar.
"Tejasvi has already toured all 38 districts of Bihar twice and will campaign in all Lok Sabha constituencies," he said.
Misa Bharti, who is contesting the Lok Sabha poll from Patliputra seat in Patna, will also campaign for other candidates.
"At present, she is busy in her own constituency, but she will campaign for other party candidates," a RJD leader said.
Misa, a doctor by profession, is consider shrewd like her father.
Lalu`s wife and former chief minister Rabri Devi, who is contesting the Lok Sabha poll for the Saran seat, will also campaign for other candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users