`Land for AMU centre at Kishanganj illegally transferred`
Kishanganj: Bihar SC/ST Commission chairman Babulal Tuddu on Friday accused the state government of "illegally" transferring 224 acres of land belonging to the Scheduled Tribe community for the construction of Aligarh Muslim University`s (AMU) centre at Kishanganj.
Tudu told reporters that he had a meeting with the district officials of Kishanganj and placed before them the concerned papers of settlement to the people of the community.
He claimed that the said land was settled for tribals three times between 1960 and 2011.
"The commission has taken the matter seriously and the officials who are found to have committed wrong will be severely punished," he said.
Tudu said he would take up the matter with the state government seeking to anul the agreement on providing this land for construction of the AMU centre to the university`s authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened