`Land for AMU centre at Kishanganj illegally transferred`
Kishanganj: Bihar SC/ST Commission chairman Babulal Tuddu on Friday accused the state government of "illegally" transferring 224 acres of land belonging to the Scheduled Tribe community for the construction of Aligarh Muslim University`s (AMU) centre at Kishanganj.
Tudu told reporters that he had a meeting with the district officials of Kishanganj and placed before them the concerned papers of settlement to the people of the community.
He claimed that the said land was settled for tribals three times between 1960 and 2011.
"The commission has taken the matter seriously and the officials who are found to have committed wrong will be severely punished," he said.
Tudu said he would take up the matter with the state government seeking to anul the agreement on providing this land for construction of the AMU centre to the university`s authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi