`Land for AMU centre at Kishanganj illegally transferred`
Kishanganj: Bihar SC/ST Commission chairman Babulal Tuddu on Friday accused the state government of "illegally" transferring 224 acres of land belonging to the Scheduled Tribe community for the construction of Aligarh Muslim University`s (AMU) centre at Kishanganj.
Tudu told reporters that he had a meeting with the district officials of Kishanganj and placed before them the concerned papers of settlement to the people of the community.
He claimed that the said land was settled for tribals three times between 1960 and 2011.
"The commission has taken the matter seriously and the officials who are found to have committed wrong will be severely punished," he said.
Tudu said he would take up the matter with the state government seeking to anul the agreement on providing this land for construction of the AMU centre to the university`s authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?