Landmine blast in Bihar, CRPF jawan injured in encounter
Patna/Gaya: The Naxalites Monday detonated a landmine at Barha village in Bihar`s Gaya district and a CRPF jawan was injured in an encounter between the ultras and a joint force, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The Naxalites carried out the landmine blast apparently to keep the advancing forces at bay, he said. There was no casualty in the landmine blast, Neelmani said.
Meanwhile, an encounter took place between the joint forces, comprising district police, special task force, CRPF and Cobra unit, and the trapped Naxalites in which a CRPF jawan, Sanjeev Kumar Singh, sustained bullet injuries in his hands, the DGP said.
The CRPF jawan was rushed to a primary health centre at Imamganj where he was stated to be "out of danger"
The encounter between the naxalites and the joint forces was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users