Landmine blast in Bihar, CRPF jawan injured in encounter
Patna/Gaya: The Naxalites Monday detonated a landmine at Barha village in Bihar`s Gaya district and a CRPF jawan was injured in an encounter between the ultras and a joint force, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The Naxalites carried out the landmine blast apparently to keep the advancing forces at bay, he said. There was no casualty in the landmine blast, Neelmani said.
Meanwhile, an encounter took place between the joint forces, comprising district police, special task force, CRPF and Cobra unit, and the trapped Naxalites in which a CRPF jawan, Sanjeev Kumar Singh, sustained bullet injuries in his hands, the DGP said.
The CRPF jawan was rushed to a primary health centre at Imamganj where he was stated to be "out of danger"
The encounter between the naxalites and the joint forces was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre