Landmine blast in Bihar, CRPF jawan injured in encounter
Patna/Gaya: The Naxalites Monday detonated a landmine at Barha village in Bihar`s Gaya district and a CRPF jawan was injured in an encounter between the ultras and a joint force, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The Naxalites carried out the landmine blast apparently to keep the advancing forces at bay, he said. There was no casualty in the landmine blast, Neelmani said.
Meanwhile, an encounter took place between the joint forces, comprising district police, special task force, CRPF and Cobra unit, and the trapped Naxalites in which a CRPF jawan, Sanjeev Kumar Singh, sustained bullet injuries in his hands, the DGP said.
The CRPF jawan was rushed to a primary health centre at Imamganj where he was stated to be "out of danger"
The encounter between the naxalites and the joint forces was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees