Landmine blast in Bihar, CRPF jawan injured in encounter
Patna/Gaya: The Naxalites Monday detonated a landmine at Barha village in Bihar`s Gaya district and a CRPF jawan was injured in an encounter between the ultras and a joint force, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The Naxalites carried out the landmine blast apparently to keep the advancing forces at bay, he said. There was no casualty in the landmine blast, Neelmani said.
Meanwhile, an encounter took place between the joint forces, comprising district police, special task force, CRPF and Cobra unit, and the trapped Naxalites in which a CRPF jawan, Sanjeev Kumar Singh, sustained bullet injuries in his hands, the DGP said.
The CRPF jawan was rushed to a primary health centre at Imamganj where he was stated to be "out of danger"
The encounter between the naxalites and the joint forces was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China unveils world's largest amphibious aircraft
- WATCH: SPINE-CHILLING! Goldberg makes WWE debut, spears The Rock!
- Sharad Pawar's MCA accepts SC verdict in toto, to rewrite constitution
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- GST bill will continue to rule market sentiments