Landmine blast in Bihar, CRPF jawan injured in encounter
Patna/Gaya: The Naxalites Monday detonated a landmine at Barha village in Bihar`s Gaya district and a CRPF jawan was injured in an encounter between the ultras and a joint force, Director General of Police (DGP) Neelmani said.
The Naxalites carried out the landmine blast apparently to keep the advancing forces at bay, he said. There was no casualty in the landmine blast, Neelmani said.
Meanwhile, an encounter took place between the joint forces, comprising district police, special task force, CRPF and Cobra unit, and the trapped Naxalites in which a CRPF jawan, Sanjeev Kumar Singh, sustained bullet injuries in his hands, the DGP said.
The CRPF jawan was rushed to a primary health centre at Imamganj where he was stated to be "out of danger"
The encounter between the naxalites and the joint forces was on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes