Landmine blast: Two arrested for passing info to Maoists
Aurangabad: Two persons were arrested on Saturday in connection with the killing of eight security personnel in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists here earlier this week.
Mukesh Mahto and Mohammad Basarat Hussain have been arrested from Nabinagar police station area for allegedly passing information about police patrol to the Maoists which helped them in enacting the crime, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma told reporters.
While Mahto is a native of Raghunathganj village, Hussain is a resident of Mahsu village, both located in a radius of one km from the site of the blast, the SP said.
The duo had provided information to the ultras about return of police patrol to Tandwa police station after a meeting with Circle Inspector in Nabinagar when they were attacked on the way, the SP said.
Hussain`s wife has served as mukhiya of the village in the past.
Eight security personnel, including officer in-charge (OC) of Tandwa police station Ajay Kumar were killed in a landmine blast triggered by Maoists on December 3 near Chandragarh More (circle) on the Tandwa-Nabinagar road.
The jeep they were travelling was blown off in the blast.
Besides the OC, the dead included 5 jawans of SAP (Special Auxiliary Police), one Bihar Military police jawan and a home guard driver.
The Bihar police along with CRPF has launched an operation against the extremists in the district bordering Palamu of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP