Large explosive haul in Sasaram
Sasaram: The Bihar Police on Tuesday recovered a large quantity of explosives, including 280 pieces of gelatin sticks and 18 detonators, from Sasaram town in Rohtas district.
Superintendent of Police (SP) Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said 250 grams of fuse wire and an explosive trigger have been seized from an abandoned house during the raid, based on a tip-off.
The SP said this is the sixth major seizure of explosives in Rohtas district over the last two months as part of the sustained raids and the explosives were meant to be used either for clandestine mining or for violence by Left Wing Extremists.
"The Naxal-angle to the seizure cannot be ruled out, because it is a known fact that Naxals had been active in the district. Even they also had stakes in illegal mining, be it extortion of levy or giving protection to it," Kushwaha said.
Police suspected the explosives were procured from neighbouring states like Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand, the SP said.
An FIR has been lodged and search is on for possible explosive couriers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical