Large quantity of detonators, wires seized in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone (Bihar): A large quantity of detonators and wires were seized Monday from Vasa village in the Rohtas district, police said here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a dilapidated house in the village under Mufassil police station and found 13,900 detonators and wires containing in four sacks, Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
No arrest has been made in this connection, he said, adding that a probe was on to find out the owner of explosives and the purpose of its use.
The detonators were largely used for blasting boulders by stone quarrying mafia while Maoists too have known to use them for their activities, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi