Large quantity of detonators, wires seized in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone (Bihar): A large quantity of detonators and wires were seized Monday from Vasa village in the Rohtas district, police said here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a dilapidated house in the village under Mufassil police station and found 13,900 detonators and wires containing in four sacks, Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
No arrest has been made in this connection, he said, adding that a probe was on to find out the owner of explosives and the purpose of its use.
The detonators were largely used for blasting boulders by stone quarrying mafia while Maoists too have known to use them for their activities, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed