Large quantity of detonators, wires seized in Bihar
Dehri-on-Sone (Bihar): A large quantity of detonators and wires were seized Monday from Vasa village in the Rohtas district, police said here.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team raided a dilapidated house in the village under Mufassil police station and found 13,900 detonators and wires containing in four sacks, Superintendent of Police Chandan Kumar Kushwaha said.
No arrest has been made in this connection, he said, adding that a probe was on to find out the owner of explosives and the purpose of its use.
The detonators were largely used for blasting boulders by stone quarrying mafia while Maoists too have known to use them for their activities, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands