Last phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on Monday
Patna: Polling would be held in six Lok Sabha seats in the sixth and last phase of the elections in Bihar tomorrow to decide the fate of 90 candidates, including film-maker Prakash Jha and former union minister Raghubansh Prasad Singh.
While Jha is trying his luck on a JD(U) ticket from Paschim Champaran, more popularly remembered as Bettiah, Raghubansh Prasad Singh, would do so from his traditional Vaishali seat on a RJD ticket.
Singh is opposed by politician Rama Singh of LJP and Vijay Kumar Sahni of JD(U).
The six seats where polling would be held were Valmikinagar, Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Vaishali, Gopalganj(SC) and Siwan.
Elaborate security measures are in place with 58,000 security personnel deployed. Armed personnel would be posted at every polling location.
The Election Commission has reduced poll timings by two hours in five assembly segments in view of Maoist threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Spine-chilling video of road rage incident in Hong Kong: Watch
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung, Gau Raksha Dal claims they were 'cleansed' of their 'sins'
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Do you know what is the FIRST thing Salman Khan asks when he meets someone? Click here
- Salem woman's suicide case: Tamil Nadu Police arrests man for uploading morphed pictures of victim on Facebook