Last phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on Monday
Patna: Polling would be held in six Lok Sabha seats in the sixth and last phase of the elections in Bihar tomorrow to decide the fate of 90 candidates, including film-maker Prakash Jha and former union minister Raghubansh Prasad Singh.
While Jha is trying his luck on a JD(U) ticket from Paschim Champaran, more popularly remembered as Bettiah, Raghubansh Prasad Singh, would do so from his traditional Vaishali seat on a RJD ticket.
Singh is opposed by politician Rama Singh of LJP and Vijay Kumar Sahni of JD(U).
The six seats where polling would be held were Valmikinagar, Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Vaishali, Gopalganj(SC) and Siwan.
Elaborate security measures are in place with 58,000 security personnel deployed. Armed personnel would be posted at every polling location.
The Election Commission has reduced poll timings by two hours in five assembly segments in view of Maoist threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?