Last phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on Monday
Patna: Polling would be held in six Lok Sabha seats in the sixth and last phase of the elections in Bihar tomorrow to decide the fate of 90 candidates, including film-maker Prakash Jha and former union minister Raghubansh Prasad Singh.
While Jha is trying his luck on a JD(U) ticket from Paschim Champaran, more popularly remembered as Bettiah, Raghubansh Prasad Singh, would do so from his traditional Vaishali seat on a RJD ticket.
Singh is opposed by politician Rama Singh of LJP and Vijay Kumar Sahni of JD(U).
The six seats where polling would be held were Valmikinagar, Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Vaishali, Gopalganj(SC) and Siwan.
Elaborate security measures are in place with 58,000 security personnel deployed. Armed personnel would be posted at every polling location.
The Election Commission has reduced poll timings by two hours in five assembly segments in view of Maoist threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!