Last phase of Lok Sabha polls in Bihar on Monday
Patna: Polling would be held in six Lok Sabha seats in the sixth and last phase of the elections in Bihar tomorrow to decide the fate of 90 candidates, including film-maker Prakash Jha and former union minister Raghubansh Prasad Singh.
While Jha is trying his luck on a JD(U) ticket from Paschim Champaran, more popularly remembered as Bettiah, Raghubansh Prasad Singh, would do so from his traditional Vaishali seat on a RJD ticket.
Singh is opposed by politician Rama Singh of LJP and Vijay Kumar Sahni of JD(U).
The six seats where polling would be held were Valmikinagar, Paschim Champaran, Purvi Champaran, Vaishali, Gopalganj(SC) and Siwan.
Elaborate security measures are in place with 58,000 security personnel deployed. Armed personnel would be posted at every polling location.
The Election Commission has reduced poll timings by two hours in five assembly segments in view of Maoist threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state