Law will take its own course
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, referring to a jailed former MLA allegedly calling up an engineering college demanding Rs 2 crore for JD(U)`s `Adhikar rally`, on Tuesday said that the law would take its own course.
"Law is equal for everybody in the state irrespective of one`s party affliation or position in the society," Modi told reporters here.
The police were investigating the incident and appropriate action would be taken, he said.
On RJD chief Lalu Prasad training his guns on NDA rule in the state following the incident, Modi said there was no truth in it.
Lokjanshakti Party President Ramvilas Paswan also criticised the NDA government for poor law and order in the state.
Pointing to the case of jailed former JD(U) MLA Munna Shukla demanding extortion money for a party rally next month, Paswan said "This case has come to light ... But there are many such instances like this which are not reported."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!