Lawyers boycott work in Bihar in Anna’s support
Patna: Around 5,000 lawyers under the banner
of the Patna District Bar Association (PDBA) on Friday boycotted
the proceedings of the civil court here expressing their
solidarity with Anna Hazare in his fight against corruption.
The office-bearers of the Association held an emergency
meeting here this morning and decided to stay away from work,
Association`s President J P Singh and Secretary Arvind Kumar
Meanwhile, Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the
umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong
Lokpal, launched a wider contact programme in the state from
today to create awareness among the people against corruption.
Convener of Bihar unit of IAC Sanjay Dutta said that
during the contact programme, the activists would apprise the
people of the reasons leading to the arrest of Anna Hazare and
his campaign for the Jan Lokpal bill.
The contact programme is being carried out after the
successful demonstrations, padyatras, marches, fast and
candlelight processions brought out by the IAC activists
across the state.
"Our activists are visiting every village and town in
the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with
the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare
against corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves