Lawyers boycott work in Bihar in Anna’s support
Patna: Around 5,000 lawyers under the banner
of the Patna District Bar Association (PDBA) on Friday boycotted
the proceedings of the civil court here expressing their
solidarity with Anna Hazare in his fight against corruption.
The office-bearers of the Association held an emergency
meeting here this morning and decided to stay away from work,
Association`s President J P Singh and Secretary Arvind Kumar
Meanwhile, Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the
umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong
Lokpal, launched a wider contact programme in the state from
today to create awareness among the people against corruption.
Convener of Bihar unit of IAC Sanjay Dutta said that
during the contact programme, the activists would apprise the
people of the reasons leading to the arrest of Anna Hazare and
his campaign for the Jan Lokpal bill.
The contact programme is being carried out after the
successful demonstrations, padyatras, marches, fast and
candlelight processions brought out by the IAC activists
across the state.
"Our activists are visiting every village and town in
the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with
the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare
against corruption," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case