Lawyers boycott work in Bihar in Anna’s support
Patna: Around 5,000 lawyers under the banner
of the Patna District Bar Association (PDBA) on Friday boycotted
the proceedings of the civil court here expressing their
solidarity with Anna Hazare in his fight against corruption.
The office-bearers of the Association held an emergency
meeting here this morning and decided to stay away from work,
Association`s President J P Singh and Secretary Arvind Kumar
Meanwhile, Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the
umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong
Lokpal, launched a wider contact programme in the state from
today to create awareness among the people against corruption.
Convener of Bihar unit of IAC Sanjay Dutta said that
during the contact programme, the activists would apprise the
people of the reasons leading to the arrest of Anna Hazare and
his campaign for the Jan Lokpal bill.
The contact programme is being carried out after the
successful demonstrations, padyatras, marches, fast and
candlelight processions brought out by the IAC activists
across the state.
"Our activists are visiting every village and town in
the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with
the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare
against corruption," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!