Lawyers boycott work in Bihar in Anna’s support
Patna: Around 5,000 lawyers under the banner
of the Patna District Bar Association (PDBA) on Friday boycotted
the proceedings of the civil court here expressing their
solidarity with Anna Hazare in his fight against corruption.
The office-bearers of the Association held an emergency
meeting here this morning and decided to stay away from work,
Association`s President J P Singh and Secretary Arvind Kumar
Meanwhile, Bihar unit of `India Against Corruption`, the
umbrella body of the citizen`s movement fighting for a strong
Lokpal, launched a wider contact programme in the state from
today to create awareness among the people against corruption.
Convener of Bihar unit of IAC Sanjay Dutta said that
during the contact programme, the activists would apprise the
people of the reasons leading to the arrest of Anna Hazare and
his campaign for the Jan Lokpal bill.
The contact programme is being carried out after the
successful demonstrations, padyatras, marches, fast and
candlelight processions brought out by the IAC activists
across the state.
"Our activists are visiting every village and town in
the state as part of wider campaign expressing solidarity with
the movement launched by Gandhian social activist Anna Hazare
against corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters