Leaders involved in anti-party activities identified: JD(U)
Patna: Ruling JD(U) in Bihar on Friday said it had identified more than a dozen party leaders and 500 activists who allegedly indulged in anti-party activities during and before the assembly elections for taking disciplinary action against them.
"We have identified over a dozen party leaders, including MPs and former MLAs who indulged in anti-party activities during or before the assembly elections in Bihar," state JD(U)disciplinary committee convener Gyanendra Kumar Singh told reporters.
He said the party`s disciplinary committee would start holding its meeting from January four to take disciplinary action against them.
Singh, however, refused to reveal the names of party leaders, including the MPs who were found to be involved in anti-party activities.
"We will give them full time to reply to the notices seeking to their position on the charges against them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley