Left hopeful of victory in Bihar Assembly elections
Patna: Communist Party of India (CPI) has
expressed confidence that its alliance with CPI (M) and CPI-ML
(Liberation) would reap a substantial "electoral harvest" in
the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
"The three left allies would reap a substantial electoral
harvest and have a crucial role in government formation in
the elections to begin on October 21," CPI National Secretary
D Raja said.
He said, "The CPI is contesting 55 of the 243 seats,
CPI-M 30 and CPI-ML 122. We have also agreed to friendly
contests in some seats."
Asked whether the fighting among alliance partners
would impact the showing of the Left parties, he said, "No.
The people have appreciated our stand on changing the
political course in Bihar."
Raja alleged that the NDA, Congress and the RJD-LJP
alliance are contesting for "lust of power and not for love of
Asked whether he foresaw a hung Assembly in Bihar, Raja
said, "We will be a party to installing a Secular Democratic
Stating that the Human Development Index (HDI) of Bihar
was alarmingly low due to "faulty development initiatives"
taken by successive governments since independence, he said
that the state lagged behind in several parameters including
"The successive governments of Congress, Lalu Prasad,
Rabri Devi and the present NDA government led by Nitish Kumar
have criminally neglected the welfare of the people," Raja
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27