Left hopeful of victory in Bihar Assembly elections
Patna: Communist Party of India (CPI) has
expressed confidence that its alliance with CPI (M) and CPI-ML
(Liberation) would reap a substantial "electoral harvest" in
the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls.
"The three left allies would reap a substantial electoral
harvest and have a crucial role in government formation in
the elections to begin on October 21," CPI National Secretary
D Raja said.
He said, "The CPI is contesting 55 of the 243 seats,
CPI-M 30 and CPI-ML 122. We have also agreed to friendly
contests in some seats."
Asked whether the fighting among alliance partners
would impact the showing of the Left parties, he said, "No.
The people have appreciated our stand on changing the
political course in Bihar."
Raja alleged that the NDA, Congress and the RJD-LJP
alliance are contesting for "lust of power and not for love of
Asked whether he foresaw a hung Assembly in Bihar, Raja
said, "We will be a party to installing a Secular Democratic
Stating that the Human Development Index (HDI) of Bihar
was alarmingly low due to "faulty development initiatives"
taken by successive governments since independence, he said
that the state lagged behind in several parameters including
"The successive governments of Congress, Lalu Prasad,
Rabri Devi and the present NDA government led by Nitish Kumar
have criminally neglected the welfare of the people," Raja
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok