Left parties` bandh in Khagaria hits normal life
Khagaria: Normal life was paralysed in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Thursday owing to the Left parties` call for bandh in the district to protest against police brutalities against the protesters during the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` on September 27 last, official sources said.
The bandh supporters led by the former CPI MLA Satyanarayan Singh enforced closure of shops and market places and there were fewer vehicles moving on the road on account of bandh, the sources said.
The district administration had closed the schools and colleges for today as a precautionary measure, they said.
There was no report of any untoward incident from anywhere during the bandh, the sources said.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made in the district and anti-riots vehicles deployed on the road, they said, adding hundreds of bandh supporters sat on dharna near the Rajendra Chowk and shouted slogans against the state government for perpetrating atrocities on the people.
Kumar`s `Adhikar yatra` in Khagaria district was marred by largescale violence and arson by protesters, including the contractual teachers, and the police had lathicharged and fired in the air to disperse protesters who had pelted stones on the chief minister`s motorcade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read