Left parties to unitedly contest Bihar Assembly polls: CPI(M)
Patna: The Left parties will unitedly
contest the upcoming Bihar Assembly polls, CPI(M) Politburo
member S R Pillai said on Tuesday.
All Left parties like the CPI(M), CPI, CPI(ML) and the
RSP will contest the Bihar Assembly polls unitedly and the
distribution of seats among the parties will be settled soon,
he told reporters here.
The scientific management of water for irrigation
facilities for farmers will be the key thrust of the Left
alliance, Pillai said, adding flood and drought are problems
in the state due to lack of proper water management policy.
The excess water from one region can be diverted to
another region faced with drought by scientific implementation
of the water management policy, he said.
Bihar has the distinction of having one of the most
fertile lands for agriculture, but due to lack of vision of
its political masters it could never become a leader in
However, the Left parties have a vision of an
alternative model of development of Bihar, the CPI(M)
Politburo member said.
Referring to the low key presence of the CPI(M) in the
state bordering West Bengal, which it has been ruling for over
30 years, Pillai hoped that the Left parties would put up an
improved performance in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love