Left unity receives a jolt in Bihar, IPFB to contest 24 seats
Patna: The much talked about Left unity in the coming assembly polls in Bihar received a jolt on Monday with Indian People`s Forward Bloc(IPFB) deciding to go it alone and contest 24 assembly seats in alliance with Jawan Kisan Morcha, a frontal organisation of the party.
IPFB state committee general secretary Napendra Krishna Mahto said that the party would contest 24 assembly seats as the three `big brothers` --- CPI-ML (Liberation), CPI and CPI(M) had ignored the interests of smaller parties in the electoral seat adjustments in Bihar.
Mahto released a list of 21 candidates of IPFB and Jawan Kisan Morcha and said the party would announce the names of party candidates for the Kumhrar, Phulwarisharif and Konch seats in a day or two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!