Left unity receives a jolt in Bihar, IPFB to contest 24 seats
Patna: The much talked about Left unity in the coming assembly polls in Bihar received a jolt on Monday with Indian People`s Forward Bloc(IPFB) deciding to go it alone and contest 24 assembly seats in alliance with Jawan Kisan Morcha, a frontal organisation of the party.
IPFB state committee general secretary Napendra Krishna Mahto said that the party would contest 24 assembly seats as the three `big brothers` --- CPI-ML (Liberation), CPI and CPI(M) had ignored the interests of smaller parties in the electoral seat adjustments in Bihar.
Mahto released a list of 21 candidates of IPFB and Jawan Kisan Morcha and said the party would announce the names of party candidates for the Kumhrar, Phulwarisharif and Konch seats in a day or two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers