Leopard mauls villagers, beaten to death
Sonepur: A leopard was on Sunday chased
and beaten to death by angry residents of Anandpur village in
Bihar`s Saran district after it mauled four persons including
The villagers, armed with lathis and blunt objects,
surrounded the animal hiding near the Gandak river embankment
and beat it to death, forest officer L P Singh said.
Forest personnel and policemen looked on helplessly as
the locals ignored their pleas to spare the animal, he said.
Later, the leopard`s corpse was taken for autopsy and was
found to have spear marks too.
The forest department will consider taking penal action
against the accused persons under the relevant sections of
the protection of the wild life Act, he said.
The leopard had strayed in the village in the morning
from a nearby forest for food and mauled the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16