Leopard mauls villagers, beaten to death
Sonepur: A leopard was on Sunday chased
and beaten to death by angry residents of Anandpur village in
Bihar`s Saran district after it mauled four persons including
The villagers, armed with lathis and blunt objects,
surrounded the animal hiding near the Gandak river embankment
and beat it to death, forest officer L P Singh said.
Forest personnel and policemen looked on helplessly as
the locals ignored their pleas to spare the animal, he said.
Later, the leopard`s corpse was taken for autopsy and was
found to have spear marks too.
The forest department will consider taking penal action
against the accused persons under the relevant sections of
the protection of the wild life Act, he said.
The leopard had strayed in the village in the morning
from a nearby forest for food and mauled the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you