Leopard mauls villagers, beaten to death
Sonepur: A leopard was on Sunday chased
and beaten to death by angry residents of Anandpur village in
Bihar`s Saran district after it mauled four persons including
The villagers, armed with lathis and blunt objects,
surrounded the animal hiding near the Gandak river embankment
and beat it to death, forest officer L P Singh said.
Forest personnel and policemen looked on helplessly as
the locals ignored their pleas to spare the animal, he said.
Later, the leopard`s corpse was taken for autopsy and was
found to have spear marks too.
The forest department will consider taking penal action
against the accused persons under the relevant sections of
the protection of the wild life Act, he said.
The leopard had strayed in the village in the morning
from a nearby forest for food and mauled the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RSS questions Rahul Gandhi's remark, demands apology
- Delhi HC rejects plea against Raj Thackeray's security cover
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets