Leopard mauls villagers, beaten to death
Sonepur: A leopard was on Sunday chased
and beaten to death by angry residents of Anandpur village in
Bihar`s Saran district after it mauled four persons including
The villagers, armed with lathis and blunt objects,
surrounded the animal hiding near the Gandak river embankment
and beat it to death, forest officer L P Singh said.
Forest personnel and policemen looked on helplessly as
the locals ignored their pleas to spare the animal, he said.
Later, the leopard`s corpse was taken for autopsy and was
found to have spear marks too.
The forest department will consider taking penal action
against the accused persons under the relevant sections of
the protection of the wild life Act, he said.
The leopard had strayed in the village in the morning
from a nearby forest for food and mauled the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon