Leopard mauls villagers, beaten to death
Sonepur: A leopard was on Sunday chased
and beaten to death by angry residents of Anandpur village in
Bihar`s Saran district after it mauled four persons including
The villagers, armed with lathis and blunt objects,
surrounded the animal hiding near the Gandak river embankment
and beat it to death, forest officer L P Singh said.
Forest personnel and policemen looked on helplessly as
the locals ignored their pleas to spare the animal, he said.
Later, the leopard`s corpse was taken for autopsy and was
found to have spear marks too.
The forest department will consider taking penal action
against the accused persons under the relevant sections of
the protection of the wild life Act, he said.
The leopard had strayed in the village in the morning
from a nearby forest for food and mauled the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!