LeT terrorists in Bihar; Red Alert sounded
Kishanganj (Bihar): A red alert was on Tuesday sounded in Bihar`s Kishanganj district after intelligence reports suggested that eight Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorists had sneaked in there from across the porous Indo-Nepal border, official sources said today.
The sources told agency that sleuths of the Intelligence
Bureau have already visited the district and held a `secret`
meeting with Kishanganj SP Ranjit Kumar Mishra in this regard.
``A red alert has been sounded in the district by the
district administration following the reports,`` they said.
Apart from SSB personnel, District Armed Police
personnel too were maintaining strict vigil on the porous
border and people moving into the district from Nepal were
being thoroughly frisked, the SP said.
They said all the important trains were being escorted
with heavy security personnel as personnel of the Railway
Protection Force were deployed in railway stations in the
Vigil was also being kept on the movement of trains in
other districts of the Seemanchal belt: Purnia, Araria, and
Katihar, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested