Liberation workers open road for public use on BIADA land
Araria: The CPI(M-L) Liberation workers on Thursday took law into their own hands and opened a road for public use on the land of the Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) in Bhajanpur village in the district, a year after it was closed by local authorities, an official said.
Carrying traditional weapons like bows and arrows, spears and tridents, the Liberation workers staged demonstration in the village to protest denial of justice to the families of those killed in a police firing last year, sources said.
They levelled the road with soil before throwing it open for public use, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Vikas Kumar said.
The agitation by the CPI(M-L) Liberation workers passed off peacefully, he said.
Four members of the minority community were killed in the police firing in Bhajanpur village on June 3 last year on a dispute over the passage to the local people near the site of an under-construction industrial unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city