Liberation workers open road for public use on BIADA land
Araria: The CPI(M-L) Liberation workers on Thursday took law into their own hands and opened a road for public use on the land of the Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority (BIADA) in Bhajanpur village in the district, a year after it was closed by local authorities, an official said.
Carrying traditional weapons like bows and arrows, spears and tridents, the Liberation workers staged demonstration in the village to protest denial of justice to the families of those killed in a police firing last year, sources said.
They levelled the road with soil before throwing it open for public use, Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Vikas Kumar said.
The agitation by the CPI(M-L) Liberation workers passed off peacefully, he said.
Four members of the minority community were killed in the police firing in Bhajanpur village on June 3 last year on a dispute over the passage to the local people near the site of an under-construction industrial unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH