Life term to one more for killing ex-JNU student leader
Patna: A special court Friday sentenced one more person to life imprisonment for the murder of CPI-ML leader and former JNU students union president Chandrasekhar in Bihar 15 years ago, a lawyer said.
Special CBI Judge Chaudhary Birendra Kumar Rai sentenced Rustam Mian to life in prison. The court had convicted him of the murder Wednesday.
Chandrasekhar and his associates Shyam Narayan Yadav and Bhatti Mian were gunned down at a roundabout in Siwan in March 1997.
Chandrasekhar, a Communist Party of India-Marxist-Leninist (CPI-ML) leader and former president of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students union, was targeted after he launched a campaign to expose corruption and criminalisation of politics in Siwan.
Earlier this year, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court sentenced three convicts to life imprisonment.
They were Kumar Jaiswal, Sheikh Munna and Illyas Warsi, all residents of Siwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29
- Virtual reality headset market shipment value reaches over $3.4 million in Jan-Mar quarter
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list