Life term to one more for killing ex-JNU student leader
Patna: A special court Friday sentenced one more person to life imprisonment for the murder of CPI-ML leader and former JNU students union president Chandrasekhar in Bihar 15 years ago, a lawyer said.
Special CBI Judge Chaudhary Birendra Kumar Rai sentenced Rustam Mian to life in prison. The court had convicted him of the murder Wednesday.
Chandrasekhar and his associates Shyam Narayan Yadav and Bhatti Mian were gunned down at a roundabout in Siwan in March 1997.
Chandrasekhar, a Communist Party of India-Marxist-Leninist (CPI-ML) leader and former president of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students union, was targeted after he launched a campaign to expose corruption and criminalisation of politics in Siwan.
Earlier this year, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court sentenced three convicts to life imprisonment.
They were Kumar Jaiswal, Sheikh Munna and Illyas Warsi, all residents of Siwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured