Life term to one more for killing ex-JNU student leader
Patna: A special court Friday sentenced one more person to life imprisonment for the murder of CPI-ML leader and former JNU students union president Chandrasekhar in Bihar 15 years ago, a lawyer said.
Special CBI Judge Chaudhary Birendra Kumar Rai sentenced Rustam Mian to life in prison. The court had convicted him of the murder Wednesday.
Chandrasekhar and his associates Shyam Narayan Yadav and Bhatti Mian were gunned down at a roundabout in Siwan in March 1997.
Chandrasekhar, a Communist Party of India-Marxist-Leninist (CPI-ML) leader and former president of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students union, was targeted after he launched a campaign to expose corruption and criminalisation of politics in Siwan.
Earlier this year, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court sentenced three convicts to life imprisonment.
They were Kumar Jaiswal, Sheikh Munna and Illyas Warsi, all residents of Siwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors