Lightning kills 17 in Bihar, over dozen injured
Patna: Seventeen people, including women and children, have been killed by lightning across Bihar since Tuesday, an official said Wednesday.
"Ten men, five women and two children have been killed by bolts of lightning in Bihar," said an official of the state Disaster Management Department.
Over a dozen people also sustained burn injuries.
Nawada district reported seven deaths, Nalanda four, Sheikhpura three, Gaya two and Patna one.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for victims` kins.
Lightning strikes during the June-September monsoon season are common in Bihar.
Last month, over two dozen people were killed by lightning in north Bihar districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman