Lightning kills 17 in Bihar, over dozen injured
Patna: Seventeen people, including women and children, have been killed by lightning across Bihar since Tuesday, an official said Wednesday.
"Ten men, five women and two children have been killed by bolts of lightning in Bihar," said an official of the state Disaster Management Department.
Over a dozen people also sustained burn injuries.
Nawada district reported seven deaths, Nalanda four, Sheikhpura three, Gaya two and Patna one.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for victims` kins.
Lightning strikes during the June-September monsoon season are common in Bihar.
Last month, over two dozen people were killed by lightning in north Bihar districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace
- Assam flood toll 12, CM makes statement in House
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits