Lightning kills 20 in Bihar
Patna: At least 20 people, including women and children, have been killed by lightning across Bihar since Saturday, an official said.
"In the last 24 hours, at least 20 people, including three children and two women, have been killed by bolts of lightning across Bihar," an official of the state Disaster Management Department said.
Over a dozen people also sustained burn injuries.
Purnia district reported seven deaths, Nawada four, while Patna, Araria, Madhepura, Nalanda and Sheikhpura reported two deaths each.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for victims` kins.
Lightning strikes during the June-September monsoon season are common in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?