Lightning kills 20 in Bihar
Patna: At least 20 people, including women and children, have been killed by lightning across Bihar since Saturday, an official said.
"In the last 24 hours, at least 20 people, including three children and two women, have been killed by bolts of lightning across Bihar," an official of the state Disaster Management Department said.
Over a dozen people also sustained burn injuries.
Purnia district reported seven deaths, Nawada four, while Patna, Araria, Madhepura, Nalanda and Sheikhpura reported two deaths each.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for victims` kins.
Lightning strikes during the June-September monsoon season are common in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country