Lightning kills 6 in Bihar
Patna: At least six people, including five women, were killed on Thursday in Bihar`s Aurangabad district after being struck by lightning, an official said.
"They have been killed by bolts of lightning when working in a paddy plantation in a village under Mali police station," said an official of the state disaster management department.
Five more people were killed in different places across Bihar in the last three days.
Lightning strikes during the monsoon season (June-September) are common in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Texas mother fatally shoots 2 daughters; police kill her
- Brexit, a sign of anti-elite revolt: analysts
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!