Lightning kills 6 in Bihar
Patna: At least six people, including five women, were killed on Thursday in Bihar`s Aurangabad district after being struck by lightning, an official said.
"They have been killed by bolts of lightning when working in a paddy plantation in a village under Mali police station," said an official of the state disaster management department.
Five more people were killed in different places across Bihar in the last three days.
Lightning strikes during the monsoon season (June-September) are common in Bihar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory