Lightning kills eight, injures 10 in Bihar
Biharsharif/Nawada: Eight people were killed
and 10 others injured when lightning struck them in Bihar`s
Nalanda and Nawada districts today.
Four members of a family were killed when lightning
struck them while they were sitting outside their house at
Baili village in Nalanda district, police said.
In the adjoining Nawada district, four deaths were caused
due to lightning. A woman was killed and six others were
injured while they were sowing paddy saplings at Dariapur
village, they said.
Three persons were killed when lightning struck them at
Dhawadha village, while four women members of a family
sustained burn injuries while they were grazing their
livestocks in a field at Palatpura village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?