Lightning kills four in Bihar
Patna: Four people were killed and eight injured Tuesday in Bihar when lightning struck them, officials said.
The incident occurred at Chatar village in Araria district here.
"A group of labourers was engaged in maize harvesting when they were struck by lightning, killing four on the spot," said an official of the disaster management department here.
He added that the injured sustained burns and were being treated at a hospital here.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for the families of those killed in the lightning strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership