Lightning kills four in Bihar
Patna: Four people were killed and eight injured Tuesday in Bihar when lightning struck them, officials said.
The incident occurred at Chatar village in Araria district here.
"A group of labourers was engaged in maize harvesting when they were struck by lightning, killing four on the spot," said an official of the disaster management department here.
He added that the injured sustained burns and were being treated at a hospital here.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for the families of those killed in the lightning strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray