Lightning kills four in Bihar
Patna: Four people were killed and eight injured Tuesday in Bihar when lightning struck them, officials said.
The incident occurred at Chatar village in Araria district here.
"A group of labourers was engaged in maize harvesting when they were struck by lightning, killing four on the spot," said an official of the disaster management department here.
He added that the injured sustained burns and were being treated at a hospital here.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each for the families of those killed in the lightning strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police