Like ministers, Nitish govt also in `deep slumber`: LJP
Patna: Citing incidents of ministers dozing off at a function as Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was presenting report card, the LJP on Tuesday said the happening backed their claim that the government was in "deep slumber."
The photographs appearing in newspapers which show that at least three ministers were taking 40 winks when the CM was reading highlights of the performance of his government during last one year, backed the party claim that the Bihar government is in "deep slumber", LJP Parliamentary Board chief Chirag Paswan told reporters.
Camera lens had captured senior ministers Narendra Singh, Ramai Ram and Jeetan Ram Manjhi taking a nap on the dias while the CM was presenting `Report Card-2013` yesterday.
Chirag Paswan, son of LJP President Ramvilas Paswan, said BJP, which was part of Nitish Kumar government for seven-and-a-half years, also deserves a "big zero" for the dismal show.
He said that law and order has taken a back seat under Nitish`s rule.
"Earlier only seven districts were under impact of Naxals now this has increased to 32 districts," the LJP Parliamentary Board chief said.
He said that growing incidents of gang rape "exposes" the CM`s claims of women empowerment.
The LJP leader said that in the absence of industries, youths have no option but to flee to other states for search of livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!