Lizard in mid-day meal in Bihar, 27 students hospitalised
Hajipur: As many as 27 children of a government school fell ill and were taken to hospital on Thursday here in Vaishali district after eating mid-day meal in which a dead lizard was found later.
The incident happened at the government middle school in Rampur Bakhra village under Lalganj block.
District Magistrate Jitendra Shrivastava said the 27 school children were admitted to Hajipur Sadar hospital where all of them were stated to be out of danger.
The children complained of stomach pain and vomiting after taking mid-day meal which reportedly contained a dead lizard.
The DM said the District Education Officer has been directed to inquire into the matter.
The police were also probing the issue separately.
Shrivastava said the left out food has been sent for test.
The incident has come close on the heels of death of 23 children after eating mid-day meal at neighbouring Chhapra school on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Quality health care must for India'
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside