Lizard in mid-day meal in Bihar, 27 students hospitalised
Hajipur: As many as 27 children of a government school fell ill and were taken to hospital on Thursday here in Vaishali district after eating mid-day meal in which a dead lizard was found later.
The incident happened at the government middle school in Rampur Bakhra village under Lalganj block.
District Magistrate Jitendra Shrivastava said the 27 school children were admitted to Hajipur Sadar hospital where all of them were stated to be out of danger.
The children complained of stomach pain and vomiting after taking mid-day meal which reportedly contained a dead lizard.
The DM said the District Education Officer has been directed to inquire into the matter.
The police were also probing the issue separately.
Shrivastava said the left out food has been sent for test.
The incident has come close on the heels of death of 23 children after eating mid-day meal at neighbouring Chhapra school on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij