Lizard in mid-day meal in Bihar, 27 students hospitalised
Hajipur: As many as 27 children of a government school fell ill and were taken to hospital on Thursday here in Vaishali district after eating mid-day meal in which a dead lizard was found later.
The incident happened at the government middle school in Rampur Bakhra village under Lalganj block.
District Magistrate Jitendra Shrivastava said the 27 school children were admitted to Hajipur Sadar hospital where all of them were stated to be out of danger.
The children complained of stomach pain and vomiting after taking mid-day meal which reportedly contained a dead lizard.
The DM said the District Education Officer has been directed to inquire into the matter.
The police were also probing the issue separately.
Shrivastava said the left out food has been sent for test.
The incident has come close on the heels of death of 23 children after eating mid-day meal at neighbouring Chhapra school on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city