Lizard in mid-day meal in Bihar, 27 students hospitalised
Hajipur: As many as 27 children of a government school fell ill and were taken to hospital on Thursday here in Vaishali district after eating mid-day meal in which a dead lizard was found later.
The incident happened at the government middle school in Rampur Bakhra village under Lalganj block.
District Magistrate Jitendra Shrivastava said the 27 school children were admitted to Hajipur Sadar hospital where all of them were stated to be out of danger.
The children complained of stomach pain and vomiting after taking mid-day meal which reportedly contained a dead lizard.
The DM said the District Education Officer has been directed to inquire into the matter.
The police were also probing the issue separately.
Shrivastava said the left out food has been sent for test.
The incident has come close on the heels of death of 23 children after eating mid-day meal at neighbouring Chhapra school on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees