LJP attacks Nitish Kumar on CAG report
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief
Ram Vilas Paswan today demanded Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar`s resignation over the findings of a CAG report and also
advised the Congress to stop seeing Kumar as a probable ally.
At a press conference held here, Paswan said that he had
met Congress leaders and questioned there silence over
corruption in Bihar.
"On 3rd April 2012, CAG report was tabled in both the
houses of Bihar. In this report, CAG has found that huge some
of money has been misused, accounts not given, money spent for
the purposes not meant for," he said.
Paswan said the Nitish Government, which had been
"completely exposed by the CAG report" and was no longer fit
to remain in office "in the face of serious charges of
financial mismanagement, irregularities and corruption".
He alleged that though graft in Bihar had reached serious
levels, it had not been paid the commensurate attention at the
Paswan said that he had spoken about the need to highlight
this issue with the Congress leaders but was not satisfied
with the response.
"I have asked them (Congress leaders) why is the Congress
Government silent. When it was a question of Uttar Pradesh,
each and every small thing was raised. Now Nitish Kumar
Government has moved from one scam to another," Paswan said.
"The Congress should not stay under any illusion that
Nitish Kumar would leave BJP and join them," the LJP leader
He also complained that despite repeatedly attempting to
raise this issue in Parliament, he had been unsuccessful as he
did not have enough numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!