LJP attacks Nitish Kumar on CAG report
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief
Ram Vilas Paswan today demanded Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar`s resignation over the findings of a CAG report and also
advised the Congress to stop seeing Kumar as a probable ally.
At a press conference held here, Paswan said that he had
met Congress leaders and questioned there silence over
corruption in Bihar.
"On 3rd April 2012, CAG report was tabled in both the
houses of Bihar. In this report, CAG has found that huge some
of money has been misused, accounts not given, money spent for
the purposes not meant for," he said.
Paswan said the Nitish Government, which had been
"completely exposed by the CAG report" and was no longer fit
to remain in office "in the face of serious charges of
financial mismanagement, irregularities and corruption".
He alleged that though graft in Bihar had reached serious
levels, it had not been paid the commensurate attention at the
Paswan said that he had spoken about the need to highlight
this issue with the Congress leaders but was not satisfied
with the response.
"I have asked them (Congress leaders) why is the Congress
Government silent. When it was a question of Uttar Pradesh,
each and every small thing was raised. Now Nitish Kumar
Government has moved from one scam to another," Paswan said.
"The Congress should not stay under any illusion that
Nitish Kumar would leave BJP and join them," the LJP leader
He also complained that despite repeatedly attempting to
raise this issue in Parliament, he had been unsuccessful as he
did not have enough numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand