LJP chief Paswan files nomination for RS
Patna: Lok Janshakti Party President, Ram
Vilas Paswan and senior RJD leader Ram Kripal Yadav on Wednesday
filed nominations for Rajya Sabha seats from Bihar.
Flanked by RJD President Lalu Prasad, former Chief
Minister Rabri Devi and frontline leaders of the RJD-LJP
alliance, Paswan and Yadav submitted their nomination papers
for the June-17 election.
In a new-found bonhomie between the two parties, Rabri
Devi proposed Paswan`s candidature and LJP state unit chief
and brother of Paswan, Pashupati Nath Paras proposed the
candidature of Yadav.
With the two candidates (Paswan and Yadav) requiring
41 votes each to ensure their victory, the RJD-lJP alliance
has 14 votes less than required as the two parties` combined
strength is 68 (RJD-56, LJP-12).
Bihar will send five members to the Rajya Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP