LJP fears manipulation of results by ruling NDA
Patna: LJP on Thursday alleged that the NDA would
misuse the state machinery to manipulate results in its favour
in Bihar and demanded that the Election Commission take
immediate steps for proper counting of votes.
"We fear large-scale misuse of the state machinery by
the ruling NDA in Bihar at the time of counting to manipulate
results in its favour... the EC must take immediate steps to
tackle the design," LJP leader Ramchandra Paswan, brother of
party chief, Ramvilas Paswan told reporters.
Paswan also alleged that lakhs of people belonging to
Yadavas, dalits, Muslims, Passi, Paswan and Mushhar
communities had been deprived of their fundamental rights of
voting in this elections so far.
He said the Commission should ensure proper manning of
the strong rooms where EVMs were kept and make the counting
process more transparent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump