LJP fears manipulation of results by ruling NDA
Patna: LJP on Thursday alleged that the NDA would
misuse the state machinery to manipulate results in its favour
in Bihar and demanded that the Election Commission take
immediate steps for proper counting of votes.
"We fear large-scale misuse of the state machinery by
the ruling NDA in Bihar at the time of counting to manipulate
results in its favour... the EC must take immediate steps to
tackle the design," LJP leader Ramchandra Paswan, brother of
party chief, Ramvilas Paswan told reporters.
Paswan also alleged that lakhs of people belonging to
Yadavas, dalits, Muslims, Passi, Paswan and Mushhar
communities had been deprived of their fundamental rights of
voting in this elections so far.
He said the Commission should ensure proper manning of
the strong rooms where EVMs were kept and make the counting
process more transparent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report