LJP for amending Bodh Gaya Temple Management committee
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
demanded amendments in the Act relevant to Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) so that the management be handed over to Buddhists in Bihar and said the party would soon launch an agitation in this regard.
Talking to reporters here, Paswan said the state
government should make suitable amendment to the Act
pertaining to the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee so
that only Buddhists run the committee.
Paswan said LJP would launch `Mahabodhi Temple
Liberation` agitation soon.
More than 2000 Buddhist monks were likely to participate
in a meeting called by the LJP here and would submit a
memorandum to Governor D Konwar in support of the demand, he
According to the existing system, the nine-member Bodh
Gaya Temple Management committee has four members from Hindu
community and four from Buddhists, while the Gaya District
Collectorate is ex-officio chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened