LJP for amending Bodh Gaya Temple Management committee
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
demanded amendments in the Act relevant to Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) so that the management be handed over to Buddhists in Bihar and said the party would soon launch an agitation in this regard.
Talking to reporters here, Paswan said the state
government should make suitable amendment to the Act
pertaining to the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee so
that only Buddhists run the committee.
Paswan said LJP would launch `Mahabodhi Temple
Liberation` agitation soon.
More than 2000 Buddhist monks were likely to participate
in a meeting called by the LJP here and would submit a
memorandum to Governor D Konwar in support of the demand, he
According to the existing system, the nine-member Bodh
Gaya Temple Management committee has four members from Hindu
community and four from Buddhists, while the Gaya District
Collectorate is ex-officio chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP