LJP for amending Bodh Gaya Temple Management committee
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
demanded amendments in the Act relevant to Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) so that the management be handed over to Buddhists in Bihar and said the party would soon launch an agitation in this regard.
Talking to reporters here, Paswan said the state
government should make suitable amendment to the Act
pertaining to the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee so
that only Buddhists run the committee.
Paswan said LJP would launch `Mahabodhi Temple
Liberation` agitation soon.
More than 2000 Buddhist monks were likely to participate
in a meeting called by the LJP here and would submit a
memorandum to Governor D Konwar in support of the demand, he
According to the existing system, the nine-member Bodh
Gaya Temple Management committee has four members from Hindu
community and four from Buddhists, while the Gaya District
Collectorate is ex-officio chairman.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India