LJP for amending Bodh Gaya Temple Management committee
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
demanded amendments in the Act relevant to Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) so that the management be handed over to Buddhists in Bihar and said the party would soon launch an agitation in this regard.
Talking to reporters here, Paswan said the state
government should make suitable amendment to the Act
pertaining to the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee so
that only Buddhists run the committee.
Paswan said LJP would launch `Mahabodhi Temple
Liberation` agitation soon.
More than 2000 Buddhist monks were likely to participate
in a meeting called by the LJP here and would submit a
memorandum to Governor D Konwar in support of the demand, he
According to the existing system, the nine-member Bodh
Gaya Temple Management committee has four members from Hindu
community and four from Buddhists, while the Gaya District
Collectorate is ex-officio chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'