LJP for amending Bodh Gaya Temple Management committee
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday
demanded amendments in the Act relevant to Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee (BTMC) so that the management be handed over to Buddhists in Bihar and said the party would soon launch an agitation in this regard.
Talking to reporters here, Paswan said the state
government should make suitable amendment to the Act
pertaining to the Bodh Gaya Temple Management Committee so
that only Buddhists run the committee.
Paswan said LJP would launch `Mahabodhi Temple
Liberation` agitation soon.
More than 2000 Buddhist monks were likely to participate
in a meeting called by the LJP here and would submit a
memorandum to Governor D Konwar in support of the demand, he
According to the existing system, the nine-member Bodh
Gaya Temple Management committee has four members from Hindu
community and four from Buddhists, while the Gaya District
Collectorate is ex-officio chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...