LJP for free education up to graduate level
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded the Centre and the
state governments to provide a uniform education system free
of cost to students up to graduate level and 50 per cent
reservation for poorer ones in educational institutions.
"It is necessary to have an uniform education for
students up to graduate level free of cost," LJP president
Ramvilas Paswan said, adding that food and lodging of students
should also be free.
Paswan, however, did not explain what he meant by the
"uniform education concept".
There should be 50 per cent reservation for poor students
in educational institutions, the LJP leader told a conference
organised by the party`s students` wing.
"There is no dearth in the talents of students from poor
background, but what they need is opportunity and necessary
support for study up to graduation level," he said.
The central and state governments must act accordingly,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!