LJP for free education up to graduate level
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded the Centre and the
state governments to provide a uniform education system free
of cost to students up to graduate level and 50 per cent
reservation for poorer ones in educational institutions.
"It is necessary to have an uniform education for
students up to graduate level free of cost," LJP president
Ramvilas Paswan said, adding that food and lodging of students
should also be free.
Paswan, however, did not explain what he meant by the
"uniform education concept".
There should be 50 per cent reservation for poor students
in educational institutions, the LJP leader told a conference
organised by the party`s students` wing.
"There is no dearth in the talents of students from poor
background, but what they need is opportunity and necessary
support for study up to graduation level," he said.
The central and state governments must act accordingly,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'