LJP for free education up to graduate level
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded the Centre and the
state governments to provide a uniform education system free
of cost to students up to graduate level and 50 per cent
reservation for poorer ones in educational institutions.
"It is necessary to have an uniform education for
students up to graduate level free of cost," LJP president
Ramvilas Paswan said, adding that food and lodging of students
should also be free.
Paswan, however, did not explain what he meant by the
"uniform education concept".
There should be 50 per cent reservation for poor students
in educational institutions, the LJP leader told a conference
organised by the party`s students` wing.
"There is no dearth in the talents of students from poor
background, but what they need is opportunity and necessary
support for study up to graduation level," he said.
The central and state governments must act accordingly,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt