LJP for free education up to graduate level
Patna: LJP on Monday demanded the Centre and the
state governments to provide a uniform education system free
of cost to students up to graduate level and 50 per cent
reservation for poorer ones in educational institutions.
"It is necessary to have an uniform education for
students up to graduate level free of cost," LJP president
Ramvilas Paswan said, adding that food and lodging of students
should also be free.
Paswan, however, did not explain what he meant by the
"uniform education concept".
There should be 50 per cent reservation for poor students
in educational institutions, the LJP leader told a conference
organised by the party`s students` wing.
"There is no dearth in the talents of students from poor
background, but what they need is opportunity and necessary
support for study up to graduation level," he said.
The central and state governments must act accordingly,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days