LJP launches signature campaign in Bihar
Patna: LJP on Monday launched a signature campaign in Bihar in support of its demands for dismissal of Nitish Kumar government and a CBI probe into alleged loss, embezzlement, misappropriation of funds worth over Rs 82,000 crore as highlighted in CAG reports.
LJP workers led by its senior leader Maheshwar Prasad Singh and Chedi Lal launched the campaign from the party office here.
Singh said the CAG had highlighted non-submission of utilisation certificates and misappropriation, embezzlement, loss and theft of funds in Bihar.
LJP leader Ramvilas Paswan said "We have decided to launch a programme to obtain signatures from around one crore people from Bihar in support of the demand for a CBI probe into the financial irregularities during NDA regime in Bihar".
The signatures, he said, would be submitted to the President.
The LJP leader also said the chief minister should recommend a CBI probe into the financial mismanagement and irregularities in Bihar in accordance with the CAG reports.
Since the irregularities highlighted by CAG in Bihar are corruption related, it is a fit case for CBI inquiry, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown