LJP leader shot dead
Sheohar: Lok Janshakti Party`s Sheohar district president Sanjay Kumar Pander was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sheohar district on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Navin Chandra Jha said the assailants fired at Pandey near a bridge at Rasidpur village under the police station killing him on the spot.
Two persons were taken into custody in the connection, he said.
Angry locals held demonstrations and enforced a bandh in the market here to protest against the killing. They burnt tyres and ransacked the hospital here.
Lter, a party delegation led by its Vice-President Suraj Bhan and former RJD MLA Ajit Kumar Jha met Sheohar District Magistrate Anil Kumar and demanded a CBI probe into the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested