LJP leader shot dead
Sheohar: Lok Janshakti Party`s Sheohar district president Sanjay Kumar Pander was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sheohar district on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Navin Chandra Jha said the assailants fired at Pandey near a bridge at Rasidpur village under the police station killing him on the spot.
Two persons were taken into custody in the connection, he said.
Angry locals held demonstrations and enforced a bandh in the market here to protest against the killing. They burnt tyres and ransacked the hospital here.
Lter, a party delegation led by its Vice-President Suraj Bhan and former RJD MLA Ajit Kumar Jha met Sheohar District Magistrate Anil Kumar and demanded a CBI probe into the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried