LJP leader shot dead
Sheohar: Lok Janshakti Party`s Sheohar district president Sanjay Kumar Pander was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sheohar district on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Navin Chandra Jha said the assailants fired at Pandey near a bridge at Rasidpur village under the police station killing him on the spot.
Two persons were taken into custody in the connection, he said.
Angry locals held demonstrations and enforced a bandh in the market here to protest against the killing. They burnt tyres and ransacked the hospital here.
Lter, a party delegation led by its Vice-President Suraj Bhan and former RJD MLA Ajit Kumar Jha met Sheohar District Magistrate Anil Kumar and demanded a CBI probe into the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley