LJP leader shot dead
Sheohar: Lok Janshakti Party`s Sheohar district president Sanjay Kumar Pander was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Bihar`s Sheohar district on Thursday.
Superintendent of Police Navin Chandra Jha said the assailants fired at Pandey near a bridge at Rasidpur village under the police station killing him on the spot.
Two persons were taken into custody in the connection, he said.
Angry locals held demonstrations and enforced a bandh in the market here to protest against the killing. They burnt tyres and ransacked the hospital here.
Lter, a party delegation led by its Vice-President Suraj Bhan and former RJD MLA Ajit Kumar Jha met Sheohar District Magistrate Anil Kumar and demanded a CBI probe into the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional