LJP Legislature Party merges with JD(U)
Patna: The three-member LJP legislature
party in the state Legislative Council on Monday merged with the
ruling JD(U) in Bihar.
Council chairman Tarakant Jha recognised the three
MLCs as members of the JD(U) in the upper house.
Earlier, LJP MLCs Rajendra Rai, Raju Yadav and Israil
Rayeen met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official
residence and announced their decision to join the JD(U).
JD(U) state president Bashishtha Narain Singh said the
three would be given responsibilities to expand and strengthen
the party base in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery