LJP Legislature Party merges with JD(U)
Patna: The three-member LJP legislature
party in the state legislative council today merged with the
ruling JD(U) in Bihar.
Council Chairman Tarakant Jha recognised the three
MLCs as members of the JD(U) in the upper house.
Earlier, LJP MLCs Rajendra Rai, Raju Yadav and Israil
Rayeen met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his official
residence and announced their decision to join the JD(U).
JD(U) state President Bashishtha Narain Singh said the
three would be given responsibilities to expand and strengthen
the party base in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre