LJP minority cell merges with JD(U)
Patna: In a severe jolt to the LJP, the
minority cell of the party on Saturday merged with the ruling JD(U)
in the presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Several national office bearers of LJP minority cell led
by its President Syed Afzal Abbas, Vice-presidents Masoom
Raza, Choudhary Masood Alam, besides 14 general secretaries,
four secretaries and treasurer joined the JD(U) along with
their hundreds of supporters.
Speaking on the occasion, Abbas said that the entire
minority cell of the LJP had merged with the JD(U) as it was
impressed by the works being carried out by Kumar for the
development and welfare of the minorities.
Welcoming them into his party fold, Kumar said JD(U)
was "a democratic party which is committed to doing justice to
all sections of the society, including minorities, dalits,
women and Mahadalits."
"We will give the leaders full respect," he said.
State JD(U) president Vijay Kumar Choudhary and state
minister Vijendra Yadav were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez