LJP, RJD leaders asked not to make `irresponsible` statements
Patna: Amid reported claims by some RJD leaders that seats of ally LJP in Bihar would decline in 2014 Lok Sabha elections, LJP president Ramvilas today snubbed "small-time leaders" of both parties.
"LJP`s alliance with RJD was strong in the past and we want it to continue it in future also. For this both the parties need to stop their small-time leaders from making irresponsible statements," Paswan said at the party`s foundation day function here.
RJD vice-president Raghuvansh Prasad Singh reportedly said that LJP would win in less number of seats in the coming Lok Sabha polls.
LJP Parliamentary Board chief Chirag Paswan said, "We do not want to break the alliance with RJD, but the kind of statements being made by some of its leaders is not good."
He, however, said the LJP was strong and if an adverse situation arose the party was capable of fighting elections alone. Referring to the party chief`s meeting with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on the need for alliance by secular parties, Chirag said he would meet Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi soon.
Earlier in the day, RJD secretary general Ramkripal Yadav and state president Ramchandra Purve said the alliance with LJP was intact and would continue in future. On seat-sharing arrangements, Yadav said RJD supremo Lalu Prasad would take a decision on the matter at an appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'