LJP slams Nitish for wasteful expenditure of public money on `Adhikar yatra`
Patna: The LJP on Monday criticised Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for wastefully spending public money on the `Adhikar yatra` to mobilise the people on special status demand and alleged that the crusade was aimed at "diverting attention from failure of his government on all fronts".
"Kumar is wastefully spending public money to tour the districts to mobilise support for special status demand, but it is a diversionary tactic to hide failure of his government and further his individual political agenda," the state unit LJP president Pashupati Paras told reporters.
If the special status demand was a real issue, then the Chief Minister should not have kept its ally, the BJP, at bay and the opposition in darkness, he said.
Paras questioned the Chief Minister`s integrity in pursuing the special status demand and said that he was not taking up the issue in a sincere manner now nor was he serious earlier otherwise he would have supported such a demand made by the former chief minister Rabri Devi when he was a minister in the NDA government at the Centre.
The LJP leader said that there was no no unanimity among the NDA MPs on the special status issue as they had never raised the issue seriously in parliament.
Paras charged the Chief Minister with misutilizing the funds under MNREGA in Muzaffarpur district and demanded a probe in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state