LJP to take up woman assault case with NHRC, NWC
Patna: LJP will take up with National Human
Rights Commission (NHRC) and National Women Commission the
issue of the alleged assault of a backward caste woman in
Bihar`s Nalanda District, its general secretary Satyanand
Sharma said on Thursday.
He said the woman was allegedly mercilessly beaten with
hot iron rods at Pokharpur village on September 4 and is under
treatment at a government hospital in Biharsharief.
Sharma said the party would place its complain before
Governor Devanand Konwar and demanded that the state
government pay her Rs 5 lakh compensation and provide adequate
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, who met the victim at the
hospital, said his party would bear the entire expense of her
Prasad also gave Rs 10000 to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what