LJP`s lone MLA joins JD(U)
Patna: Zakir Hussain Khan, the lone MLA of Ramvilas Paswan-led Lok Janshakti Party in Bihar who opposed alliance with BJP on Sunday joined ruling Janata Dal(U).
Khan, who is an MLA from minority-dominated Araria, had resigned from LJP on Thursday after it announced its tie-up with BJP for Lok Sabha poll, and joined JD(U) in the presence of its state president Basistha Narayan Singh.
LJP had won three seats in Bihar Assembly polls in 2010 and its two other legislators had quit earlier to join JD(U).
Describing Ramvilas Paswan as an "opportunist" over his joining hands with BJP, Khan said that because he cannot share the same platform with BJP, he took the decision to quit LJP.
"I cannot stand with BJP," he said and praised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the development in Bihar, which, he said has inspired him to join the party.
On Khan joining JD(U), Singh said it will strengthen the ruling party in Seemanchal region including Araria, Kishanganj, Purnia Madhepura and Supaul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj