LJP`s lone MLA joins JD(U)
Patna: Zakir Hussain Khan, the lone MLA of Ramvilas Paswan-led Lok Janshakti Party in Bihar who opposed alliance with BJP on Sunday joined ruling Janata Dal(U).
Khan, who is an MLA from minority-dominated Araria, had resigned from LJP on Thursday after it announced its tie-up with BJP for Lok Sabha poll, and joined JD(U) in the presence of its state president Basistha Narayan Singh.
LJP had won three seats in Bihar Assembly polls in 2010 and its two other legislators had quit earlier to join JD(U).
Describing Ramvilas Paswan as an "opportunist" over his joining hands with BJP, Khan said that because he cannot share the same platform with BJP, he took the decision to quit LJP.
"I cannot stand with BJP," he said and praised Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for the development in Bihar, which, he said has inspired him to join the party.
On Khan joining JD(U), Singh said it will strengthen the ruling party in Seemanchal region including Araria, Kishanganj, Purnia Madhepura and Supaul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa