Lodge FIR against `middlemen` in Indira Awas yojna: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday ordered lodging of FIR against `middlemen` in the Indira Awas Yojna scheme to ensure corruption free implementation of the welfare scheme for the poor.
Besides lodging of FIR, action should also be initiated against those policemen who did not act against the middlemen in the Indira Awas Yojna, Kumar directed the DGP Abhyanand while addressing a divisional level meeting at Sitamarhi at the end of his two-day "Sewa Yatra".
Sewa yatra is aimed at testing governance at the grassroot level and efforts to improve functioning of government`s programmes.
Kumar told the district magistrates to approve Indira Awas to landless mahadalits (most deprived section within dalits) along with land, according to an official statement.
The chief minister said that if the suppliers of foodgrains are found not providing quality grains for mid-day meal, stringent action should be initiated against them. Besides, teacher found committing any irregularity in the scheme should be taken to task, he told officials.
Kumar gave a clear instruction that health centres in the state should have life saving medicines all the time particularly those related to snake and dog bite.
"If anybody dies for want of medicine due to snake bite it will be violation of state`s policy...It will be treated as criminal act," he said.
Senior civil and police officials including DGP Abhyanand, Development Commissioner Phool Singh, Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit were present in the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed