Lodge FIR against `middlemen` in Indira Awas yojna: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday ordered lodging of FIR against `middlemen` in the Indira Awas Yojna scheme to ensure corruption free implementation of the welfare scheme for the poor.
Besides lodging of FIR, action should also be initiated against those policemen who did not act against the middlemen in the Indira Awas Yojna, Kumar directed the DGP Abhyanand while addressing a divisional level meeting at Sitamarhi at the end of his two-day "Sewa Yatra".
Sewa yatra is aimed at testing governance at the grassroot level and efforts to improve functioning of government`s programmes.
Kumar told the district magistrates to approve Indira Awas to landless mahadalits (most deprived section within dalits) along with land, according to an official statement.
The chief minister said that if the suppliers of foodgrains are found not providing quality grains for mid-day meal, stringent action should be initiated against them. Besides, teacher found committing any irregularity in the scheme should be taken to task, he told officials.
Kumar gave a clear instruction that health centres in the state should have life saving medicines all the time particularly those related to snake and dog bite.
"If anybody dies for want of medicine due to snake bite it will be violation of state`s policy...It will be treated as criminal act," he said.
Senior civil and police officials including DGP Abhyanand, Development Commissioner Phool Singh, Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit were present in the meeting.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May