Lodge FIR against `middlemen` in Indira Awas yojna: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday ordered lodging of FIR against `middlemen` in the Indira Awas Yojna scheme to ensure corruption free implementation of the welfare scheme for the poor.
Besides lodging of FIR, action should also be initiated against those policemen who did not act against the middlemen in the Indira Awas Yojna, Kumar directed the DGP Abhyanand while addressing a divisional level meeting at Sitamarhi at the end of his two-day "Sewa Yatra".
Sewa yatra is aimed at testing governance at the grassroot level and efforts to improve functioning of government`s programmes.
Kumar told the district magistrates to approve Indira Awas to landless mahadalits (most deprived section within dalits) along with land, according to an official statement.
The chief minister said that if the suppliers of foodgrains are found not providing quality grains for mid-day meal, stringent action should be initiated against them. Besides, teacher found committing any irregularity in the scheme should be taken to task, he told officials.
Kumar gave a clear instruction that health centres in the state should have life saving medicines all the time particularly those related to snake and dog bite.
"If anybody dies for want of medicine due to snake bite it will be violation of state`s policy...It will be treated as criminal act," he said.
Senior civil and police officials including DGP Abhyanand, Development Commissioner Phool Singh, Principal Secretary to the CM Anjani Kumar Singh, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit were present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days